This site records a residency at the Albury Regional Art Gallery, as part of the Artists@Work Program held in January/February 2010.  Box People was a novel, a performance, a series of images, a game.  

**Readers beware!  Blogger publishes posts with the most recent entry at the top, so if this is your first visit please use the archive list to guide you through the chapters...that's if you want to read them in the order they appeared***




Monday, August 29, 2011

Pop-Up Publishing.....



Update. The lady who won my "competition" never sent me address details for the Box Flower.
Out of desparation, I have expanded the idea of dealing with unfinished novels, word scraps and jottings and am planning a Pop- Up publishing stint at the Write Around The Murray Festival in September.
They have asked me for a publicity blurb, but that wouldn't be very pop-up of me. Would it.
I'm from the bush.
I read about these things on the internet but I've never very sure about the rules.
So.
I'll be bringing all my bits and pieces and "off-cuts" from the writing process to a table on the friday night poetry event at The G in Thurgoona (9 September from 7.30, free), and to the Albury Library Museum on the saturday of the festival (11September from 10am- 2pm).
I'll also bring safety pins, gaffa tape, PVA glue and scissors. (Me old punk me)
I will sit right down and make sculptures, badges, signs, anything out of the materials to hand.
Writers and makers of any age and stage are invited to join me and join the process.
See your writing walk away into the festival, and out into Albury.
All products may be bought, for a donation.
Just what is writing worth these days?
I'll also be selling copies of an acutal, really truly published book that I nearly but didn't write: The Casuals, By Sally Breen, published by Harper Collins. We had a go at writing it in collaboration (like the authors of Puberty Blues) and we even went to Stradbroke Island on a writer's retreat. Sally got to work with her biro and a big A4 notepad. I drew unrelated cartoons on some stickers. These stickers will be on-sale at the festival too.
See you there! xxx Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit